Ten Ways A Wife May
Be A Crown To Her Husband:
12:4 A virtuous woman is a crown to her husband:
she that maketh ashamed is as rottenness in his bones.
- Ask your husband, "What are your goals for the week
and how can I help you to accomplish them? Is there anything I can do that would make
it easier for you?"
- Be organized as
much as possible with cleaning, grocery shopping, laundry, and cooking.
Try to anticipate his needs and your family's needs so that you can
be prepared or have what is needed ready.
- Save some of
your energy for him every day. Take a nap if necessary so that you will be
refreshed for your time with him. Greet him with a smile
when he comes home. Save problems for later. (But, don't
forget them if they need to be discussed.)
- Put him first over the children, your parents, friends, home business, ladies'
Bible studies, social media, blogging, etc. Willingly rearrange your schedule for
him when necessary.
- Talk about him in a positive light to others. Do not slander him at all.
If you have an issue that you don't know how to deal with seek
advice from a godly women who will give you good counsel, not from
a woman who has a "that's-just-like-a-man" attitude.
- Pray for him and make good suggestions
about situations or projects. Give him the freedom not to
use your suggestion, and do not be offended if he does not follow it.
- Be kind and
gracious to his family and friends as much as lieth in you, Rom. 12:18. Make your commitment to him obvious
- Dress in a neat and modest manner that is pleasing to your husband.
Take care of yourself as a point of being a blessing to him.
- When your husband sins, admonish him privately, always
with humility, giving him hope and pointing him to the Lord. Prv. 25:9-10. Ask how you
can help him overcome faults that seem to repeat themselves.
- Realize that just as God is glorified when man obeys Him,
God is glorified
when you obey your husband in all that is fit in the Lord.
1Corinthains 11:7 For a man indeed ought not
to cover his head, forasmuch
as he is the image and glory of God:
but the woman is the glory of the man.
backgrounds by Mary Stephens