Side of Home
A Few Facts Picked Up Along Life's Road
Can You Pass An Eighth Grade Exam?
Learning the English Language
The Twelve Days of Homeschooling
The Joys of Family Life
Things Mother Taught Me:
-TO APPRECIATE A JOB WELL DONE "If you're going to kill each other, do it outside - I just finished cleaning!"
- about TIME TRAVEL: "If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!"
- About LOGIC "Because I said so, that's why."
- About IRONY "Keep laughing and I'll give you something to cry about."
- about the science of OSMOSIS "Shut your mouth and eat your supper!"
- about CONTORTIONISM "Will you look at the dirt on the back of your neck!"
- about STAMINA "You'll sit there 'til all that spinach is finished."
- about WEATHER "It looks as if a tornado swept through your room."
- how to solve PHYSICS PROBLEMS "If I yelled because I saw a meteor coming toward you would you listen then?"
- about HYPOCRISY "If I've told you once, I've told you a million times - Don't exaggerate!!!"
- about ENVY "There are millions of less fortunate children in this world who don't have wonderful parents like you do!"
- that SILENCE IS GOLDEN "If you think whining will get you what you want, you are in for an unpleasant surprise!"
On his way to
Wyoming for visit with Grandma, Billy spotted a
bowlegged cowboy. "Look at dat dare bowlegged cowboy. I ain't
never seen nuttin like dat no how." Grandma was shocked and made
Billy read Shakespeare every day for a month. On the way home he saw
a crowd of bowlegged cowboys.
thou mother of my mother,
What manner of men be these,
Who wear their legs in parentheses?"
& inanimate graphics by Mary Stephens